With support from TFish, this project aims to support housewives from a poverty-stricken village in Huining county, Gansu province by providing them with microloans. This will promote income and provide development opportunities to women in the villages.
4) Chen Guoyuan is 60 this year. He has 2 sons. One died from illness 5 years ago and left behind 3 children. The children now live with Chen and his wife. His younger son went to the city to work. Their family has planted about 30 mu (5 acres) of fields. They work very hard, and the income comes from their crops. We initiated helping him and sold about 300 kilograms of millet for him.
5) Cui Xiaoxia is one of 5 Han families in Lucha village. With her micro loan, she bought a cow for 5,800 RMB ($870 USD). The cow is used to plow fields and for breeding. Her son was accepted into a technology university in Hubei province this year. She said the cow could alleviate their economic pressure as well as their farming workload.
Original article written by Cunjun Ma, translated by Maggie Li, and edited by Yanyan Zhang and Carolyn D.
1) Ma Lianhua is 37. Her family’s income comes from agriculture plantation. They have over 100 mu (16 acres) of fields. They work very hard. With the micro loans, she began to raise goats for milk. She and her family members could drink the milk for breakfast.
2) On September 1, 2015, a donation ceremony was held at Shigou Primary School in Huining county. Desks, chairs, and kitchen equipment worth 50,000 RMB ($7,500 USD) were donated to the school.
3) On September 3, 2015 Niu Jianchun, a teacher at Fragrance Culture Institute, was invited to hold a workshop on the formation of Chinese village characteristics and village problems in Lanzhou city.
TFISH FUND BLOG
We update news and reports directly from the field written by our NGO partners daily.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
IN THE NEWS