Xiao Long was working at his BBQ restaurant
With the support of TFish, the project aims to support with micro loans to housewives from a poverty-stricken village in Huining county, Gansu province. It will promote income and provide development opportunities to women in the villages.
In October, hygiene toilet construction and interviews for micro loans were done:
1) On October 12, with the support of China Root Rural Education Foundation, Lanzhou Loving Education Service Center and Street Children Center supervised by the organization did project evaluation for children nutrition project and social inclusion. Yu Zhicheng did evaluation and meeting for 2 projects and promoted the projects to 2nd phase.
2) From October 15 to 20, supervision for hygiene toilet construction was done. Timetable for the toilet construction has been fixed. Suggestions were also made for those did not meet the requirements.
3) On October 23, interview for Ma Xiaolong, an entrepreneur from Lucha village, was done. Ma opened a barbecue shop in the suburb of the city. He said, “I did not have opportunity in the village, for I am not good at field work. Now young people in the village came to the city for more development opportunities. I had tried my best to increase the income of the family. My parents are getting old with poor health. The income from crops is poor. I took my family to my shop and we work together.” We hope to provide more help to those who want to start their business by knowing more about their situations.
4) On October 24, the cultivation project promoted by micro loans has been doing for 7 months. We visited women from 12 households. None of them had sold their sheep. Everything goes well generally. The following photo is milk sheep of Ma Lianhua’s. Ma Lianhua’s daughter has been admitted by an university. The family was happy about it.
5) Checking work has been done for most of households with toilet construction, which will promote health of villagers and dignity of women. Due to poverty, there’s no toilet in the village, which had brought problems for the health of villagers. They said their children got diarrhea during summer. We hope to promote health conditions of the villagers with the toilet project.
Original article written by Cunjun Ma, translated by Maggie Li, and edited by Yanyan Zhang
TFISH FUND BLOG
We update news and reports directly from the field written by our NGO partners daily.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
IN THE NEWS