With the support of TFish, the project aims to support with micro loans to housewives from a poverty-stricken village in Huining county, Gansu province. It will promote income and provide development opportunities to women in the villages.
1) On August 3, registration work for Gansu Qinyuan Social Service Center has been going on. Most of paper work has been done. We are waiting for the evaluation in September.
2) During August 1 to 10, staff visited 13 households in Lucha village for micro loans. They did supervision for their current livestock farming. The situation is fine.
3) On August 8, we held a workshop on Community Building for rural areas in Tianshui city with Oxfam and several partners. We hope to improve organizations’ awareness on community that they are serving for, keep and develop village culture and promote the overall development of rural areas.
4) During August 19 to 26, over 90 sets of desks and chairs were donated to Shigou Primary School by 2 companies. The interaction activity would be held on 31st of this month.
5) On August 10, toilet building work supported by Oxfam was ongoing in Lucha village. The project would promote 83 households to build their own toilet.
6) On August 28, we will participate in training held by Gansu Social Foundation. The training aims to promote personal capacity building for staff working for development organizations. The contents include relief, fund-raising, personal relationship, etc. The training also aims to promote development and cooperation between organizations.
Original article written by Manting Wang, translated by Maggie Li, and edited by Yanyan Zhang
TFISH FUND BLOG
We update news and reports directly from the field written by our NGO partners daily.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
IN THE NEWS