This is an article about a convention held by Light of Love to discuss the home visits students make in rural areas. The convention is centered around the advice former activists have for those partaking the journey this upcoming winter. For more info about Light of Love, an organization dedicated to providing rural health and education, please visit: here.
On the evening of March 10, 2012, “Light of Love" hosted a forum for the 2012 winter visits, the proceedings are as
First, former "Light of Love" participants came to visit and share experience.
1. Teammate Liu Wanyi: a return visit to the harsh environments; the obstacles encountered when communicating with parents’ and working to design new curriculums.
2. Teammate Liang Ya: he feels that he still lacked experience, should first fully develop plans in advance; team training should focus on learning; financial management needs to be improved.
3. Teammate Luo Jinyu: all the things he has seen; in a return visit, strongly felt the significant differences in economic conditions of the local families; living conditions; students should take measures to stay healthy; talk about his own views on "one-to-one help" for Light of Love.
4. Wen Xu: teaching aims to stimulate students ' interest in learning; should take the initiative to communicate with students and teammates; try to give students a better learning and living conditions, recognizing the importance of the team; advocacy team to grow the team, to help more people. (Li Chao explained)
5.Li Chao: work on team communication with unity. although there are difficulties, let yourself relax, do not complain
and try to overcome these difficulties; the place we visited, the parents are very enthusiastic to see us; established a "Love of Light" Service Center; established more local branches; points of concern relating to invoice and
receipts; all Members should work to build an active discourse around the project, helping the team develop; teaching quality, and courses arrangements.
6. Daixianwei: pictures from his visit; the team was put up to many challenges; the fun of teaching; imembers should communicate with one another.
Second, Zhang Ning and meeting summary:
1. Conditions are very difficult, but much is gained for the team after overcoming these difficulties.
2. Every member should understand the importance of their team, work together to make "Light of Love" a better community.
3. Philanthropy starts from the small things, Light of love worked hard to provide underprivileged children "free lunch" and the hearts of the local community, sending one coal in the cold winter is much more meaningful than giving an additional flower to a prosperous garden.
Third, warm exchanges between the old and new members.
This “Light of Love" Conference participants are: Daixianwei, and Li Chao, and Zhou Beibei, and Liu Changchun, and Zhang Cheng, and Zhang Ning, and Jiang Xinyi, and Liu Wanyi, Yue Qiu, and Liang Ya, Niu tiantian, Wu Guimei, the original source.
(Summary and Concluding Remarks)
Team-mates were eager to speak during the conference. They work together to overcome difficulties, making"Light of Love" a better organization and helping more people in need. Representative Daixianwei believes that teaching is not easy, but you can also derive a lot of happiness from the struggles. Challenges will foster even more growth.
Original Article: http://www.toumingyu.org/cpuaizhiguang/story/8194/,
Written by WeiXian Dai, Translated by Tfish Staff ShiShi Ma, Edited by EV intern Sarah Chang
TFISH FUND BLOG
We update news and reports directly from the field written by our NGO partners daily.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
IN THE NEWS