Rainbow Village Help Center is a TFish Associate Member. It was established for the purpose of giving glasses to impoverished children.
Data on Bright Future Project in 2012:
1) Total expenditure: 28000 RMB, 10000 RMB of which is from TFish Fund and 18000 is from Rainbow Village.
2) Number of people who receive glasses: 89 blind students, 103 students who are deaf-mute, 5 students from poor families, and 15 senior citizens (reading glasses) from leprosy rehabilitation village.
3) Supporting households with the blind: Distributed donated money to 4 households and supported 5 people with operation treatment.
Improvements of the project in 2012
1) A return interview system has not been built and students file building has not been improved.
2) Shortage of the professional apparatus influenced the efficiency of the project.
3) No social donation channel.
4) There is restriction in communication with deaf-mute students which hindered the popularization of the eye-care knowledge.
5) There is no progress in work with volunteer groups at various areas.
Work in 2013
1) Improvement of weaknesses from 2012.
2) The project will cover 5 to 6 special schools in 2013 and offer about 500 pairs of glasses.
3) Keep cooperating with the hospitals and try to offer operation treatment for more deaf-mute students with low vision.
4) The project will implement during March to June and September to December.
5) Make a video on the theme of bright future for popularization.
Original article written by Cheng Quandi, translated by Maggie Li, edited by Yanyan Zhang
TFISH FUND BLOG
We update news and reports directly from the field written by our NGO partners daily.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
IN THE NEWS