Iseek Cultural Center is a public welfare organization initiated by patients with PAH (pulmonary artery hypertension), which aims to provide support and service for people with invisible disabilities as PAH.
In 2012, Iseek made great progress in service for PAH patients and its publicity. It also completed its internal-building and developed liaison links. We completed following jobs in 2012.
A Service for patients:
1) 943 from 30 provinces all over the country were registered at Iseek by December 24, 2012.
2) 3 conventions were held for doctors and patients in Beijing and Shenyang. Governmental officials, doctors, patients and media, about 200 person-times participated in the meeting.
3) Answering 287 person-times of phone call, providing mental counseling for patients in time.
4) Raised 26180.80RBM for patients and received 5 batches donation for patients, 11 times of emergency drug allocation for with 25 beneficiaries.
5) Professional doctor consultative group of PAH was established. 30 professional advisors of cardiovascular, aspiration and immunology were employed. They offered free clinic for 109 person-times.
B Advocacy and publicity
1) 8 sessions of publicity activities were carried out on some occasions.
2) 15 videos and television commercials were made independently. We have partners as CCTV, Phoenix TV, Beijing TV and The United States association of pulmonary hypertension. Video made by Iseek was broadcasted at Youku with over 7000 clicks.
3) Microblogs as Iseek Cultural Center and Iseek were set up at Sina and Tencent websites. We set up accounts at RenRen and Kaixin websites.
C Liaison and cooperation
1) Looking for Blue Lips was nominated as “Xinhu Social Enterprise Innovation Prize” hosted by British Council in 2012, which authorized to use “blue lip” logo by PHA UK
2) The Center was invited to participate in the Summit of International PAH held in the United State in June, 2012. A long-term memo and cooperation agreement on a public welfare video were signed with PHA USA and obtained seed money support. It acted as liaison for PHA Day on May 5 in Asia region.
3) Cooperated with British Townsend Luther Foundation which provides free legal consultancy service.
4) Completed 2 projects in cooperation with Tfish and Huanyicong Charity Foundation who provided part of administrative and personal expenses.
5) Held publicity activities on invisible disabilities care successfully in cooperation with Overseas Chinese Public Welfare Foundation and awarded fundraising permission
Original article written by Rong Li, translated by Maggie Li, edited by Yanyan Zhang
TFISH FUND BLOG
We update news and reports directly from the field written by our NGO partners daily.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
IN THE NEWS